Manage your money - we can help.

Who Takes Care of Your Social Security Income if You Aren’t Able?

We all know it happens . . . Social Security fraud; in fact, there was a recent article of a granddaughter, who cashed her late grandmother’s benefit checks for over $440,000 (find more at https://www.theintelligencer.com/news/article/Feds-seek-prison-for-woman-in-440K-Social-16220262.php


Just as important as checking your retirement benefits at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

is having someone to care for and manage those funds, if you become unable to do this for yourself. One way is to have a Representative Payee https://www.ssa.gov/payee/?tl=2 , who can be a trusted friend, family, or legal guardian. Any of these persons is held accountable to report to Social Security how they’ve used your benefits to support you and  your dependents.

If this is a concern of yours, please see https://www.ssa.gov/payee/advance_designation.htm to learn more.

We only contact advance designees if we need to find a representative payee to assist you in managing your benefits. Advance designation is not an appointment of a representative payee, nor is it a power of attorney. It is optional, and you can update or withdraw your advance designation at any time. If you choose to participate, we will send you a notice each year listing your advance designees for your review.”

(Help Us Find the Right Payee for You, n.d.) ssa.gov

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email