You may or may not be eligible for a recovery rebate. If you received the two payments below made in 2020 and 2021, there is no need to act.
- 2020 first Economic Impact Payment was $1,200, $2,400 if married filing jointly and $500 for each qualifying child in 2020
- 2021 second Economic Impact Payment was $600, $1,200 if married filing jointly and $600 for each qualifying child in 2020
You can reference your IRS Notice 1444 and 1444-B that will be used in filing 2020 Tax Returns. These notices will be helpful in filing for the credit if either of the two amounts above were not received in full.
- Determine if you have a Qualifying Child for the Economic Impact Payment (EIP) The child qualifying as a taxpayer’s dependent must be the following: a son, daughter, stepchild, adopted child or foster child; brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepsister or stepbrother; grandchild, niece or nephew.
- Lived with the Taxpayer for more than half of the year
- The Taxpayer provided more than 50% of their support
- Under the age of 17, have a valid SSN or ATIN
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or U.S. resident alien